Nicki Minaj doesn’t just call herself queen she has the stats to back her argument. Today, Nicki joined elite company of pop stars like Rihanna, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry by topping over 100 million RIAA certified units. This happens to come from her and Yo Gotti’s hit single ‘Rack It Up’ surpassed 3 million units sold.
Nicki is the first female rapper to do so. Last year it was clear that Nicki felt that people were starting to place Cardi B ahead of her in their respected careers. But its shown that the two can coexist despite past transgressions. But nevertheless its safe to assume this milestone will be used as another instagram post to prove her to be the real queen.
Nicki has been active in the beginning to say the least in the beginning of 2019 by releasing remixes to hits like “Going Bad” by Meek Mill and Drake, “Thotinana” by Blueface and Lil Baby and Gunna’s “Drip Too Hard.” The rap vet also announced on her season 2 premier of her Beats 1 radio show “Queen Radio” that she has completed her fifth solo album without giving up any further details on it. Is Nicki planning to drop 2 years in a row? Peep her stats below.
- Rihanna 198 million units (22.5 million of which are albums)
2. Taylor Swift 169.5 million units (43 million of which are albums)
3. Katy Perry 108 million units (6 million of which are albums)
4. Nicki Minaj 100 million units (8.5 million of which are albums)
5. Mariah Carey 90 million units (66 million of which are albums)